Packaging & Printed Paper

In the Peace region, packaging and printed paper can now be recycled in the rural transfer stations.  If you live in Fort St. John, Chetwynd, and Dawson Creek, these items can still be recycled at your local depots.  Printed paper includes...

Medication Return

Pharmaceuticals, prescription and over-the-counter, should be returned to a BC pharmacy if not used or expired.  This includes all prescription drugs, over the counter pills and liquids,natural healing products in oral doses, some creams,...

Outdoor Power Equipment

Outdoor power equipment have recycling options in the Peace Region.  For a complete list of accepted items and locations, visit their website at the link provided. 

Smoke & Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors

You can recycle all of your used and expired smoke and carbon monoxide alarms with AlarmRecycle, a division of Product Care. 


You are able to recycle you heating and cooling thermostats from your home.  This program is administered by the Heating, Refrigeration and Air conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) 

Lighting Products

LightRecycle Program includes all lights, lamps, fixtures and ballasts in residential, institutional, commercial and industrial applications, according to Product Care. 

Batteries and Cell Phones

You are able to recycle batteries under 5kg each and cellphones at PRRD Transfer station throughout the Peace Region.

Small Appliances & Power Tools

You can now recycle your small electrical appliances all over British Columbia.  The Canadian Electrical Stewardship Association (CESA) is the newest of the stewards in British Columbia and they have a very big job.  More than two million small...


Other products not specifically covered under these categories: (for locations, see our "Where Can I Recycle?" listing)


Beverage Containers

Encorp Pacific (Canada) handles all beverage containers.